FlightBox Plus: Dual-band ADS-B, Remote GPS, AHRS, Altimeter
In-Flight Weather, Traffic, AHRS, Altitude & GPS Receiver
All the features of the Stratus 3 at half the price!
- Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- Remote (5' corded) WAAS GPS Receiver
- 3-axis attitude sensor (AHRS)
- Precision barometric pressure sensor (altitude)
- High-gain 978 MHz and 1090 MHz antennas
- Dual-port 4.8 amp cigarette lighter power adapter
- 3' 3" (1 meter) USB power cable
- 1 year warranty
- Free shipping for domestic orders
FlightBox Plus is an in-flight weather and traffic receiver with integrated WAAS GPS, AHRS (attitude sensors) and pressure altimeter. It receives ADS-B data over both the UAT 978 MHz band and the 1090-ES band, with support for uplink weather and traffic data from FAA ground towers and for direct ship-to-ship traffic from both 1090-ES and UAT-equipped aircraft.
- ADS-B Weather
- ADS-B Traffic
- WAAS GPS
- AHRS (Attitude / Synthetic Vision)
- Barometric Altimeter
- Weather: METARs, TAFs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, PIREPs, winds / temps aloft
- Flight Data: TFRs, NOTAMs, special use airspace updates
- Traffic: Direct traffic from all ADS-B Out equipped aircraft. Rebroadcast traffic from FAA ground towers*
- GPS: WAAS-capable GPS provides precise position, altitude, ground speed, ground track, vertical speed, and rate of turn to your EFB or EFIS
- AHRS: Attitude sensor provides accurate pitch and roll information to drive virtual attitude indicators and synthetic vision features
- Barometric Altimeter: provides highly accurate cabin pressure altitude
- Works with: ForeFlight, WingX Pro, Droid EFB, FlyQ EFB, Appareo Insights, iFly GPS, FltPlan Go, Avare, Naviator, AvNave, AvPlan EFB, OzRunways, True Flight, iFlightPlanner, and most other EFB applications.
GPS: The integrated GPS is a 48 channel WAAS capable receiver. The GPS is available in two configurations: in internal receiver (the receiver and antenna are inside the box) or a remote receiver (the receiver and antenna connect to the box using a 5' USB cable). Select the internal option for maximum portability. Select the remote option if you plan to mount your FlightBox someplace without a direct view of the sky (i.e. not on the glare shield). THIS ITEM IS THE REMOTE VERSION.
AHRS: The integrated AHRS sensor system provides a simple, accurate backup to your onboard attitude indicator or EFIS and drives the synthetic vision feature in EFB applications including ForeFlight. Our cutting-edge algorithm allows you to orient the FlightBox to any major axis of the aircraft. This means you can mount it on a bulkhead or hang it upside down and still get valid pitch and roll data. The sensors also provide G-force and slip / skid data.
Altimeter: The onboard barometric pressure sensor serves as a highly accurate backup altitude source in unpressurized aircraft, and as a cabin pressure sensor in pressurized aircraft.
Fully Assembled System: FlightBox Plus is shipped fully assembled, tested, and ready to run. Simply power it up and fly.
One Year Warranty: All factory assembled FlightBox systems come with a one year warranty and one year of technical support.
Options / Add-Ons
Power: FlightBox Plus includes a three foot USB power cable and a dual-port 12v / 24v cigarette lighter adapter capable of simultaneously powering the FlightBox and charging a tablet.
For fully portable use, connect FlightBox Plus to any standard USB battery pack. A wide range of USB packs are available from Amazon and other resellers. A typical 10,000 mAh USB pack will provide up to 10 hours of operation.
Remote Antenna Mount: Locate your FlightBox someplace cool and out of the way. Our remote antenna mount kit includes a suction cup bracket and a pair of five foot extension cables that make it easy to relocate your FlightBox off the glare shield.
For additional details and product specifications, please see the FlightBox product page. This product is covered by the Open Flight Solutions warranty.
* The FAA currently requires an ADS-B Out signal to trigger the transmission of ADS-B traffic rebroadcast (TIS-B / ADS-R). If your aircraft is not ADS-B Out equipped, your view of traffic will be limited. ADS-B traffic is advisory only.
We Also Recommend
FlightView EFIS Ready-To-Fly Triple-Screen Kit: Three 10.9" Displays, Flight Data Computer, Air Data Computer, and Engine Monitor
FlightView EFIS Ready-To-Fly Dual-Screen Kit: Two 10.9" Displays, Flight Data Computer, Air Data Computer, and Engine Monitor
FlightView EFIS Ready-To-Fly Single Screen Kit: 10.9" Display, Flight Data Computer, Air Data Computer, and Engine Monitor