FlightBox Single-Band ADS-B Receiver Kit
FlightBox Single Band is an in-flight weather and traffic receiver with optional GPS. In the USA, it receives ADS-B data over the UAT 978 MHz band, with support for uplink weather and traffic data from FAA ground towers and for direct ship-to-ship traffic from UAT-equipped aircraft. Outside of the USA it receives traffic on the 1090-ES band. The operating mode (UAT or 1090-ES) is user selectable.
UAT Mode Features (US Customers):
- FIS-B Weather: METARs, TAFs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, PIREPs, winds / temps aloft
- FIS-B Data: TFRs, NOTAMs, special use airspace updates
- Traffic: Direct traffic from 978 MHz UAT ADS-B equipped aircraft. Rebroadcast traffic from FAA ground towers*
1090-ES Mode Features (International Customers)
- Direct traffic from 1090-ES equipped aircraft.
- TIS-B traffic broadcast where available.
- GPS: optional WAAS-capable remote GPS provides precise position data to your EFB application
- High gain antenna: optional 1/2 wave antenna (978 MHz for US customers, 1090-MHz for international customers)
- Application Compatibility: tested with WingX Pro, Droid EFB, FlyQ EFB, Aerovie Reports, iFly GPS, FltPlan Go, Avare, Naviator, AvNave, AvPlan EFB, OzRunways, iFlightPlanner, ForeFlight**
** Please note that Open Flight Solutions is not affiliated with or endorsed by this vendor. Interoperability has been independently confirmed by third party users of the software.
Quick Build Kit: FlightBox is sold as a "quick-build" kit. Assembly requires only common household tools - a phillips screw driver and a pair of pliers. No computer skills are required. Assembly takes roughly 5 minutes. An assembly guide will be included and an instructional video will demonstrate the process. Assembly support is available from Open Flight Solutions.
Remote GPS: The optional remote GPS is a 48 channel WAAS capable receiver puck that connects to the FlightBox using a 5 foot USB cable, allowing you to place the FlightBox out of the direct sunlight on the glare shield. The receiver puck is rated to handle temperatures up to 185°F. It typically acquires a solid lock within 35 seconds of power-up. The GPS option adds $25 to the price of the FlightBox.
Power: Note that FlightBox does not include an internal battery. You can power FlightBox from a 2 amp or greater USB battery pack or using a cigarette lighter adapter - both are available as add-on items above. Note that your USB power source must be capable of providing 2+ amps of power.
For details and product specifications, please see the FlightBox Single Band product page. This product is covered by the Open Flight Solutions warranty. Unassembled kit products may be returned for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Assembled kit products may not be returned but are eligible for repair and support services under the warranty.
NOTE: The Single Band kit includes a cooling fan. You do not need to order the fan separately.
* The FAA currently requires an ADS-B Out signal to trigger the transmission of ADS-B traffic rebroadcast. If your aircraft is not ADS-B Out equipped, your view of traffic will be limited. ADS-B traffic is advisory only.
We Also Recommend