FlightView EFIS Core Hardware Kit: FlightBox Pro EXP, Air Data Computer, and Engine Monitor
The FlightView core hardware kit contains the full hardware set for the new FlightView EFIS. This kit includes:
- FlightBox Pro EXP - Flight Data Computer
- FlightBox ADC - Air Data Computer
- FlightBox EMS - Engine Monitor
- Cables, USB Hub, OAT probe
FlightView is the simple yet powerful new EFIS from OpenFlight Solutions, makers of FlightBox ADS-B. FlightView provides a full suite of flight and engine instruments, navigation tools, and advanced situational awareness functions. Built from a combination of off-the-shelf hardware and custom software, FlightView makes VFR flight safer, easier, and more affordable than ever.
What's In The Kit?
The kit includes all three of the major hardware components needed for a FlightView system:
The Flight Data Computer (FlightBox Pro EXP). The core of the system, the flight data computer provides attitude (AHRS), location (GPS), backup altitude, and ADS-B In (weather and traffic). It also serves as the hub, relaying data from other components to the FlightView display.
The Air Data Computer (ADC). The air data computer connects to your pitot/static system and provides airspeed, altitude, vertical speed, outside air temperature, true airspeed, and density altitude.
The Engine Monitoring System (EMS). The engine monitor connects to standard engine probes (not included).
NOTE: at this time the EMS is limited to traditional aircraft engines (Lycoming / Continental), air-cooled auto conversions, and Rotax engines without an integrated ECU. We plan to add support for additional engine types (Rotax iS series, ULPower, water-cooled auto conversions, etc.) in the near future.
All three components will be shipped with power and data cables. The kit will also include a lightweight USB hub, a USB GPS receiver, and an OAT probe.
What's not in The Kit?
- You will need an experimental (E-AB, or E-LSA) aircraft. This system is not approved for use in certificated aircraft.
- You will need to provide your own recent model Apple iPad running iOS 13.0 or later. We recommend the 2018 and later iPad (9.7") as the minimum. The app will run on older hardware but may be subject to heat or latency issues.
- You will need mounting hardware for the iPad. We offer a panel mount (our new FlightDock) with active cooling. If you prefer a portable mount, we recommend the X-Naut line of cooling cases.
- You will need a charger for the iPad. We recommend something that can output up to 3 amps.
- We recommend that you have some level of backup instrumentation - an analog altimeter and airspeed indicator or some sort of mini-EFIS.
Estimated Delivery Time
FlightView Core kits typically ship within three weeks of order. Contact us for the current lead time.
How To Buy
NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
At this time FlightView will not work outside of the United States. The airport and airspace database we use currently only includes FAA data. The app is currently only available from the US App Store. We plan to add support for additional regions as soon as possible, but for the time being we will have to cancel any orders from outside the United States.
We Also Recommend