FlightView EFIS Core Hardware Kit: FlightBox Pro EXP, Air Data Computer, and Engine Monitor
AirVenture Show Special: $1500
Show Special Ends 7/31
The FlightView core hardware kit contains the base hardware for the new FlightView EFIS. This kit includes:
- FlightBox Pro EXP - Flight Data Computer
- FlightBox ADC - Air Data Computer
- FlightBox EMS - Engine Monitor
- Cables, USB Hub, OAT probe
The 25% off show special is good through 7/31/19. Note: This is an early adopter kit and requires you accept the terms of our Beta Program Agreement.
FlightView is the simple yet powerful new EFIS from OpenFlight Solutions, makers of FlightBox ADS-B. FlightView provides a full suite of flight and engine instruments, navigation tools, and advanced situational awareness functions. Built from a combination of off-the-shelf hardware and custom software, FlightView makes VFR flight safer, easier, and more affordable than ever.
What's In The Kit?
The kit includes all three of the major hardware components needed for a FlightView system:
The Flight Data Computer (FlightBox Pro EXP). The core of the system, the flight data computer provides attitude (AHRS), location (GPS), backup altitude, and ADS-B In (weather and traffic). It also serves as the hub, relaying data from other components to the FlightView display.
The Air Data Computer (ADC). The air data computer connects to your pitot/static system and provides airspeed, altitude, vertical speed, outside air temperature, true airspeed, and density altitude.
The Engine Monitoring System (EMS). The engine monitor connects to standard engine probes (not included)
All three components will be shipped with power and data cables. The kit will also include a lightweight USB hub, a USB GPS receiver, and an OAT probe.
What's not in The Kit?
What Is A Beta?
Beta testing is the process of letting a limited number of units out into the real world for use by actual customers. Those customers agree to help out by providing feedback and living with a few rough edges. The goal of the program is to find and fix issues before the product goes main-stream.
Who Can Participate In The Beta?
Am I Buying Beta Hardware?
No. The hardware included in this kit is the same as we plan on offering with production systems. It may require firmware updates (which, in some cases, may require a trip back to the shop - on us) but all of the components in the beta kit have been through significant testing and are, in our opinion, ready for the real world.
- You will need an experimental (E-AB, or E-LSA) aircraft. This system is not approved for use in certificated aircraft.
- You will need to provide your own recent model Apple iPad running iOS 12.0 or later. We recommend the 2018 and later iPad (9.7") as the minimum. The app will run on older hardware but may be subject to heat or latency issues.
- You will need mounting hardware for the iPad. We offer a panel mount (our new FlightDock) with active cooling. If you prefer a portable mount, we recommend the X-Naut line of cooling cases.
- You will need a charger for the iPad. We recommend something that can output up to 3 amps.
- We recommend that you have some level of backup instrumentation - an analog altimeter and airspeed indicator or some sort of mini-EFIS.
Estimated Delivery Date
This is a pre-order. We expect to deliver the first systems staring in late August. Orders will ship in the order received.
How To Buy
BETA PROGRAM AGREEMENT IS REQUIRED
This product is currently available only to users who agree to participate in the FlightView beta program. Prior to shipping, you will be asked to sign and return the beta program agreement.
NOT AVAILABLE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
At this time FlightView will not work outside of the United States. The airport and airspace database we use currently only includes FAA data. The app is currently only available from the US App Store. We plan to add support for additional regions as soon as possible, but for the time being we will have to cancel any orders from outside the United States.
We Also Recommend