FlightBox Dual-Band - Assembled
In-Flight Weather and Traffic Receiver
*** SHIPS FULLY ASSEMBLED, TESTED, AND READY TO RUN ***
- Dual-Band FlightBox Receiver (assembled, tested)
- High-gain 978 Mhz and 1090 MHz antennas
- 12v / 24v cigarette lighter adapter
- 3' high power USB cable
FlightBox Dual Band is an in-flight weather and traffic receiver with optional WAAS GPS. It receives ADS-B data over both the UAT 978 MHz band and the 1090-ES band, with support for uplink weather and traffic data from FAA ground towers and for direct ship-to-ship traffic from both 1090-ES and UAT-equipped aircraft.
- FIS-B Weather: METARs, TAFs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, PIREPs, winds / temps aloft
- FIS-B Data: TFRs, NOTAMs, special use airspace updates
- Traffic: Direct traffic from all ADS-B Out equipped aircraft. Rebroadcast traffic from FAA ground towers*
- GPS: optional remote WAAS-capable GPS provides precise position data to your EFB application
- Application Compatibility: tested with WingX Pro, Droid EFB, FlyQ EFB, Aerovie, iFly GPS, FltPlan Go, Avare, Naviator, AvNave, AvPlan EFB, OzRunways, iFlightPlanner, ForeFlight**
** Please note that Open Flight Solutions is not affiliated with or endorse by this application vendor. Interoperability has been independently confirmed by third party users of the software.
Fully Assembled System: This version of FlightBox is sold fully assembled, tested, and ready to run. Simply power it up and fly.
One Year Warranty: All factory assembled FlightBox systems come with a one year warranty and one year of technical support.
Options / Add-Ons
Remote GPS: The optional*** remote GPS is a 48 channel WAAS capable receiver puck that connects to the FlightBox using a 5 foot USB cable, allowing you to place the FlightBox out of the direct sunlight on the glare shield. The receiver puck is rated to handle temperatures up to 185°F. It typically acquires a solid lock within 35 seconds of power-up. To add the remote GPS, check the "Add Remote GPS" check-box at the top of the page.
Power: The assembled version of FlightBox includes a 12v/24v cigarette lighter adapter and three foot USB cable. FlightBox does not include an internal battery. If you need a fully portable system you can power FlightBox from a USB power pack - we recommend the 5+ hour pack available under 'Accessories'. To add the battery, check the "Add US Battery" check-box at the top of the page.
Remote Antenna Mount: Locate your FlightBox someplace cool and out of the way. Our remote antenna mount kit includes a suction cup bracket and a pair of five foot extension cables that make it easy to relocate your FlightBox off the glare shield. You can find the Remote Antenna Mount in our catalog under 'Accessories'.
Glare Shield Friction Mount: Keep your FlightBox steady on the glare shield with our friction mount. Perfect for renters who can't Velcro the box directly to the glare shield. You can find the Glare Shield Friction Mount in our catalog under 'Accessories'.
* The FAA currently requires an ADS-B Out signal to trigger the transmission of ADS-B traffic rebroadcast (TIS-B / ADS-R). If your aircraft is not ADS-B Out equipped, your view of traffic will be limited. ADS-B traffic is advisory only.
*** The stock FlightBox system does not include a GPS. Most modern tablets and smartphones include a high precision GPS which works quite well for situation awareness and VFR navigation. Add our remote GPS if you have an older tablet with a poor GPS or a wifi-only iPad without GPS.