FlightBox Plus: Dual-band ADS-B, WAAS GPS, AHRS, Altimeter
In-Flight Weather, Traffic, AHRS, Altitude & GPS Receiver
All The Features Of The Stratus 2S At 1/4 The Price
- Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- WAAS GPS Receiver
- 3-axis attitude sensor (AHRS)
- Precision barometric pressure sensor (altitude)
- High-gain 978 MHz and 1090 MHz antennas
- Dual-port 4.8 amp power adapter
- 3' 3" (1 meter) USB power cable
- 1 year warranty
- Free shipping for domestic orders
FlightBox Plus is an in-flight weather and traffic receiver with integrated WAAS GPS, AHRS (attitude sensors) and pressure altimeter. It receives ADS-B data over both the UAT 978 MHz band and the 1090-ES band, with support for uplink weather and traffic data from FAA ground towers and for direct ship-to-ship traffic from both 1090-ES and UAT-equipped aircraft.
- ADS-B Weather
- ADS-B Traffic
- WAAS GPS
- AHRS (Attitude / Synthetic Vision)
- Barometric Altimeter
- Weather: METARs, TAFs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, PIREPs, winds / temps aloft
- Flight Data: TFRs, NOTAMs, special use airspace updates
- Traffic: Direct traffic from all ADS-B Out equipped aircraft. Rebroadcast traffic from FAA ground towers*
- GPS: WAAS-capable GPS provides precise position, altitude, ground speed, ground track, vertical speed, and rate of turn to your EFB or EFIS
- AHRS: Attitude sensor provides accurate pitch and roll information to drive virtual attitude indicators and synthetic vision features
- Barometric Altimeter: provides highly accurate cabin pressure altitude
- Works with: WingX Pro, Droid EFB, FlyQ EFB, Aerovie, iFly GPS, FltPlan Go, Avare, Naviator, AvNave, AvPlan EFB, OzRunways, True Flight, iFlightPlanner, ForeFlight**, and most other EFB applications.
- Free iOS and Android apps for configuration and management
GPS: The integrated GPS is a 48 channel WAAS capable receiver. The GPS is available in two configurations: in internal receiver (the receiver and antenna are inside the box) or a remote receiver (the receiver and antenna connect to the box using a 5' USB cable). Select the internal option for maximum portability. Select the remote option if you plan to mount your FlightBox someplace without a direct view of the sky (i.e. not on the glare shield). Use the option selector above to choose internal or remote.
AHRS: The integrated AHRS sensor system provides a simple, accurate backup to your onboard attitude indicator or EFIS and drives the synthetic vision feature in EFB applications including ForeFlight. Our cutting-edge algorithm allows you to orient the FlightBox to any major axis of the aircraft. This means you can mount it on a bulkhead or hang it upside down and still get valid pitch and roll data. The sensors also provide G-force and slip / skid data.
Altimeter: The onboard barometric pressure sensor serves as a highly accurate backup altitude source in unpressurized aircraft, and as a cabin pressure sensor in pressurized aircraft.
Fully Assembled System: FlightBox Plus is shipped fully assembled, tested, and ready to run. Simply power it up and fly.
One Year Warranty: All factory assembled FlightBox systems come with a one year warranty and one year of technical support.
Options / Add-Ons
Power: FlightBox Plus includes a three foot USB power cable and a dual-port 12v / 24v cigarette lighter adapter capable of simultaneously powering the FlightBox and charging a tablet. If you need a fully portable system we offer a 5+ hour USB battery pack. To add the battery, check the appropriate check-box at the top of the page.
Remote Antenna Mount: Locate your FlightBox someplace cool and out of the way. Our remote antenna mount kit includes a suction cup bracket and a pair of five foot extension cables that make it easy to relocate your FlightBox off the glare shield. You can find the Remote Antenna Mount in our catalog under 'Accessories'.
If you want to remote mount your FlightBox, be sure to select the "Remote GPS" option.
Glare Shield Friction Mount: Keep your FlightBox steady on the glare shield with our friction mount. Perfect for renters who can't Velcro the box directly to the glare shield. You can find the Glare Shield Friction Mount in our catalog under 'Accessories'.
* The FAA currently requires an ADS-B Out signal to trigger the transmission of ADS-B traffic rebroadcast (TIS-B / ADS-R). If your aircraft is not ADS-B Out equipped, your view of traffic will be limited. ADS-B traffic is advisory only.
** Please note that Open Flight Solutions is not affiliated with or endorse by this application vendor. Interoperability has been independently confirmed by third party users of the software.
We Also Recommend