FlightBox Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver Kit
In-Flight Weather and Traffic Receiver
FlightBox Dual Band is an in-flight weather and traffic receiver with optional WAAS GPS. It receives ADS-B data over both the UAT 978 MHz band and the 1090-ES band, with support for uplink weather and traffic data from FAA ground towers and for direct ship-to-ship traffic from both 1090-ES and UAT-equipped aircraft.
- FIS-B Weather: METARs, TAFs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, PIREPs, winds / temps aloft
- FIS-B Data: TFRs, NOTAMs, special use airspace updates
- Traffic: Direct traffic from all ADS-B Out equipped aircraft. Rebroadcast traffic from FAA ground towers*
- GPS: optional remote WAAS-capable GPS provides precise position data to your EFB application
- Application Compatibility: tested with WingX Pro, Droid EFB, FlyQ EFB, Aerovie Reports, iFly GPS, FltPlan Go, Avare, Naviator, AvNave, AvPlan EFB, OzRunways, iFlightPlanner, ForeFlight**
** Please note that Open Flight Solutions is not affiliated with or endorse by this application vendor. Interoperability has been independently confirmed by third party users of the software.
Quick Build Kit: FlightBox is sold as a "quick-build" kit. Assembly requires only common household tools - a phillips screwdriver and a pair of pliers. No computer skills are required. Assembly takes roughly 5 minutes. An assembly guide will be included and an instructional video will demonstrate the process. Assembly support is available from Open Flight Solutions.
FlightBox is also available fully assembled, tested, and ready to run. For more information, check out the assembled version here.
Remote GPS: The optional remote GPS is a 48 channel WAAS capable receiver puck that connects to the FlightBox using a 5 foot USB cable, allowing you to place the FlightBox out of the direct sunlight on the glare shield. The receiver puck is rated to handle temperatures up to 185°F. It typically acquires a solid lock within 35 seconds of power-up. The GPS option adds $25 to the price of the FlightBox. To add the remote GPS, check the "Add Remote GPS" check-box at the top of the page.
High Gain Antennas: The high-gain antenna upgrade adds $10 to the price of FlightBox and replaces the stock 1/4 wave antennas with more powerful 1/2 wave antennas. The high-gain antennas provide stronger reception than the stock antennas. Please note that they are roughly twice the height of the stock antennas. (See picture above with remote GPS.) To upgrade, check the "High Gain Antennas" check-box at the top of the page.
Power: Note that FlightBox does not include an internal battery. You can power FlightBox from a USB power pack or using a cigarette lighter adapter - you can add either / both to your order using the option buttons above. Note that your USB power source must be capable of providing 2+ amps.
For details and product specifications, please see the FlightBox Dual Band product page. This product is covered by the Open Flight Solutions warranty. Unassembled kit products may be returned for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Assembled kit products may not be returned but are eligible for repair and support services under the warranty.
* The FAA currently requires an ADS-B Out signal to trigger the transmission of ADS-B traffic rebroadcast. If your aircraft is not ADS-B Out equipped, your view of traffic will be limited. ADS-B traffic is advisory only.
We Also Recommend