FlightBox Plus: Dual-band ADS-B, Remote GPS, AHRS, Altimeter
In-Flight Weather, Traffic, AHRS, Altitude & GPS Receiver
All the features of the Stratus 3 at half the price!
- Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- Remote (5' corded) WAAS GPS Receiver
- 3-axis attitude sensor (AHRS)
- Precision barometric pressure sensor (altitude)
- High-gain 978 MHz and 1090 MHz antennas
- Dual-port 4.8 amp cigarette lighter power adapter
- 3' 3" (1 meter) USB power cable
- 1 year warranty
- Free shipping for domestic orders
FlightBox Plus is an in-flight weather and traffic receiver with integrated WAAS GPS, AHRS (attitude sensors) and pressure altimeter. It receives ADS-B data over both the UAT 978 MHz band and the 1090-ES band, with support for uplink weather and traffic data from FAA ground towers and for direct ship-to-ship traffic from both 1090-ES and UAT-equipped aircraft.
- ADS-B Weather
- ADS-B Traffic
- WAAS GPS
- AHRS (Attitude / Synthetic Vision)
- Barometric Altimeter
- Weather: METARs, TAFs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, PIREPs, winds / temps aloft
- Flight Data: TFRs, NOTAMs, special use airspace updates
- Traffic: Direct traffic from all ADS-B Out equipped aircraft. Rebroadcast traffic from FAA ground towers*
- GPS: WAAS-capable GPS provides precise position, altitude, ground speed, ground track, vertical speed, and rate of turn to your EFB or EFIS
- AHRS: Attitude sensor provides accurate pitch and roll information to drive virtual attitude indicators and synthetic vision features
- Barometric Altimeter: provides highly accurate cabin pressure altitude
- Works with: ForeFlight, WingX Pro, Droid EFB, FlyQ EFB, Appareo Insights, iFly GPS, FltPlan Go, Avare, Naviator, AvNave, AvPlan EFB, OzRunways, True Flight, iFlightPlanner, and most other EFB applications.
GPS: The integrated GPS is a 48 channel WAAS capable receiver. The GPS is available in two configurations: in internal receiver (the receiver and antenna are inside the box) or a remote receiver (the receiver and antenna connect to the box using a 5' USB cable). Select the internal option for maximum portability. Select the remote option if you plan to mount your FlightBox someplace without a direct view of the sky (i.e. not on the glare shield). THIS ITEM IS THE REMOTE VERSION.
AHRS: The integrated AHRS sensor system provides a simple, accurate backup to your onboard attitude indicator or EFIS and drives the synthetic vision feature in EFB applications including ForeFlight. Our cutting-edge algorithm allows you to orient the FlightBox to any major axis of the aircraft. This means you can mount it on a bulkhead or hang it upside down and still get valid pitch and roll data. The sensors also provide G-force and slip / skid data.
Altimeter: The onboard barometric pressure sensor serves as a highly accurate backup altitude source in unpressurized aircraft, and as a cabin pressure sensor in pressurized aircraft.
Fully Assembled System: FlightBox Plus is shipped fully assembled, tested, and ready to run. Simply power it up and fly.
One Year Warranty: All factory assembled FlightBox systems come with a one year warranty and one year of technical support.
Options / Add-Ons
Power: FlightBox Plus includes a three foot USB power cable and a dual-port 12v / 24v cigarette lighter adapter capable of simultaneously powering the FlightBox and charging a tablet.
For fully portable use, connect FlightBox Plus to any standard USB battery pack. A wide range of USB packs are available from Amazon and other resellers. A typical 10,000 mAh USB pack will provide up to 10 hours of operation.
Remote Antenna Mount: Locate your FlightBox someplace cool and out of the way. Our remote antenna mount kit includes a suction cup bracket and a pair of five foot extension cables that make it easy to relocate your FlightBox off the glare shield.
* The FAA currently requires an ADS-B Out signal to trigger the transmission of ADS-B traffic rebroadcast (TIS-B / ADS-R). If your aircraft is not ADS-B Out equipped, your view of traffic will be limited. ADS-B traffic is advisory only.
We Also Recommend
FlightView EFIS Ready-To-Fly Triple-Screen Kit: Three 10.9" Displays, Flight Data Computer and Engine Monitor
FlightView EFIS Ready-To-Fly Dual-Screen Kit: Two 10.9" Displays, Flight Data Computer and Engine Monitor
FlightView EFIS Ready-To-Fly Single Screen Kit: 10.9" Display, Flight Data Computer and Engine Monitor